Get me outta here!

Tuesday, 13 January 2015

I Have a CopyCat!

So turns out there's someone who has ripped off one of my posts, made some subtle changes and passed it off as her own. I'm not sure what can be done about it. I've already left a comment and asked her to pull it down.

Any other ideas?

Original post: http://thirtytwoandsingle.blogspot.in/2014/05/the-one-with-hot-hr-guy.html

Copied post: http://trendyandfashionate.blogspot.in/2015/01/my-crush-in-office.html?showComment=1421130344502#c2738487529316524099

So how did I happen to come across the post? Well, the plagiarizer very kindly started following my blog. When I logged in I saw I had a new follower and checked their blog out, I usually reciprocate such things. And then I saw it, posted yesterday. Not the most brilliant plagiarizer I guess.

Update: No response to my first comment requesting the post to be taken down. I did some research and was directed to a thread on Indiblogger. Based on that I filed a legal legal notice with Google under DMCA and commented on the post saying as much, and that the blog might get taken down by Google if the post isn't. And that worked. The post has been deleted! Yayy!!

Even the "About Me" section has been copied from mine :(



Further Update: The entire blog has been taken down, not sure if the person themselves did it or Google did. The person's name on G+ has also been changed. Good thing I took screenshots of the plagiarized content, just in case. 

28 comments:

  1. You know what they say, being copied is a compliment these days :)

    Try and disable right clicking on the blog no? It's a simple HTML code.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I need to figure that one out, I'm severely technologically impaired :(. Lemme Google it, thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete
    2. Coming soon. Life has been keeping me busy :(

      Delete
  2. LOL! Even copying needs brains :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that requires more brains than being original ;)

      Delete
  3. You sure are inspiring people :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sigh. What a fine moment for me. :|

      Delete
  4. Sucks..eh? How difficult it is to have your own thoughts penned down ?
    On hindsight, think how popular you are!! :)
    Good to see your blog back in action...

    Have an awesome 2015!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too Mi...have a great 2015!

      Delete
  5. Plagiarists suck! Strict action needs to be taken against them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Google did respond to my complaint saying they couldn't find the offending page. So they do look into these complaints, so far so good!

      Delete
  6. So you are famous and "Most wanted" too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well.. as they say.. 'Imitation is the best form of flattery' But not in every case I guess. Good the post was taken down.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Creepy ppl... Why copy ... Good that u took strict action... I wonder now if I am being copied in some world.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Things people do..!! And you should be proud that people are copying your stuff.. they find it that good that they don't want to create their own but copy yours..!! *Achievement Alert*

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  10. I changed my blog url. New url is http://bookishmuggle.com/
    Where have you been? Long time no posts

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you found out. Wonder how people think they can get away. And is this your new blog?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you found out. Wonder how people think they can get away. And is this your new blog?

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is disgusting..Sorry to hear this

    ReplyDelete
  14. even the 'about me' section? the person must be plain lazy or plain stupid! there was a thread on fb where a blogger found a foreign blog with many such copied posts from so many bloggers... good that you took some speedy action. and yea, happened to me too, some smart alec copied by book review...bolo!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is terrible. Glad you detected the copycat & took screenshots.
    Range haath pakad liya!
    Why can't people be original?
    Hope everyone shares their own ideas and doesn't indulge in plagiarism.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Never came across copy cats my self but heard abt them a lot
    Good that her blog is taken down
    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Friend. I know this is more than a year later after that this last post of yours. I have been reading your posts lately and found them to be very interesting. I am single and unmarried as well. Would you be posting any more in the future? Please do. -Nivedha-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nivedha, thanks for your comment. I do have a few half baked posts, just haven't gotten around to working on them. Thanks for the push, I'll publish something this week.

      Delete

So....what d'ya think?